Early parental influences are important determinants of children’s food choices. Several factors may have an impact on children’s eating habits:
- Children usually imitate their parent's food choices;
- They tend to like their family foods due to repeated exposures;
- They may share some genetically determined preferences to some types of food as their parents;
- Peer pressure, media and television advertising may also reinforce children preferences for high-fat foods and sweets;
- School’s food and nutrition professionals have a great impact on children’s food choices.